Significant 1sts for Lindstrand Hot Air Balloons...
- 1st commercially available and approved Envelope fast deflation system (Superchute)
- 1st Monobloc design burner system
- 1st to introduce foam passenger seats into larger baskets
- 1st and only provider of lightweight cross partition system
- 1st to provide solid thimbles on wires
- 1st to produce a 6.1m long passenger basket
- and home of the lightest certified man carrying balloon.
The team at Lindstrand Hot Air Balloons has always been at the forefront of aviation development, and have developed the pressurised thermal airship, use of silicone coated balloon fabrics, use of synthetic envelope material approved for hydrogen gas, and the practical solar balloon. We also carried out the first sustained manned flight in the Jetstream and created the first balloon capsule with active pressurisation.
Our innovative design team also conceived and created the X-Series racer envelope. This now has a proven competition record of delivering the fastest vertical speed through the air which can contribute to amazing competition performances.
- 1st passenger roll bar protective system
- 1st to offer T partition baskets
- 1st and only provider of stainless steel steps in the basket
- 1st to digitally print artwork onto envelopes